Check Out Tech
Most Do Space equipment is available for check out on-site on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are interested in any of the equipment, please visit the Tech Help Desk and inquire about availability. In order to check out a mobile device in the building, you will need to have a signed Technology Borrower Agreement on file, photo ID with current address, as well as an active Do Space membership card. Check out length is limited to two hours per day. Items are not to be removed from the building.
- To borrow technology to use at Do Space, members must have a signed Technology Borrow Agreement on file.
- Do Space members aged 18 and older will have their ID and current address verified by Do Space staff. Please be prepared to show your photo ID.
- Do Space members ages 17 and younger may use this service as long as the parent or guardian listed in the child’s account has had their ID verified and has signed a Technology Borrow Agreement on behalf of the child.
- Borrowing time will be for a time period of two hours for laptops/tablets and 30 minutes for tech kits.
- Checkouts end one hour before closing time and all checkouts are due back 30 minutes before close.
- Members may only borrow one item at a time.
We have 24 Macintosh desktops, including Mac Minis and iMacs with a variety of screen sizes.
We have 32 Dell desktop computers all running Windows 10. There are a variety of models available ranging from all-in-one touchscreen models to high-powered dual-screen models.
LAPTOPS & TABLETS
Dell Chromebook 11s
The 11-inch Google Chromebooks is also available for use. These are great if you’re just looking to get online and check your e-mail or surf the Web.
Dell XPS 13 Laptop
Need a laptop? Do Space offers a variety of laptops for checkout inside our space, including touch-screen Windows 10 laptops.
MacBook Air Laptop
Do Space offers the 13-inch MacBook Air laptops.
We have 9.7-inch iPad Air tablets available for checkout.
This is a Dell laptop with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS as its operating system. This laptop has parallels to much of the software that is available on our other computers but not the same because many of those packages do not support GNU/Linux. This computer is good for anyone who would like to try GNU/Linux or who is already familiar with it.
Epson V600 Scanner
Do you have photos or slides you need to scan? The Epson V600 is a flatbed color scanner capable of scanning the following:
- a A4 or US letter size paper ( 8.5 x 11.7 inches)
- 35 mm film strip: 12 frames at a time
- 35 mm slides: up to 4 slides at a time
- and 6 cm medium format photo: up to 22 cm
Upon checkout, you will be given a tub that contains the scanner’s manual, cables, and negative/slide adapters. You can connect the scanner by USB to a computer, and the software is compatible with both OSX and Windows.
Sony 8X DVD+/-RW USB DVD Writer
While most of our desktop computers have DVD drives, we also have a portable one available should you need to connect one to your laptop.
Wacom Intuos Pro Pen and Touch Small Tablet (PTH451)
Need to physically draw or write on the computer? The Wacom Intuos Pro is a screenless drawing tablet that connects into a computer. It has the following features:
- 2048 levels of pen pressure sensitivity both pen tip and eraser
- Tilt/angle and rotation sensitivity
- 6.2 x 3.9″ Active Area
- Multi-Touch Support, USB Interface
- Express View Display, Touch Ring
- Mac & Windows Compatible
Wacom Intuos Draw
This a is screenless drawing tablet that is perfect for beginner artists. The Wacom Intuos Draw does not require any key programing and is very easy to pick up and draw. It has the following features:
- 1024 levels of pen pressure sensitivity
- 6.0 x 3.7” Active Area
- Easy to program express keys
- Mac & Windows Compatible